PLEASE NOTE: DURING THE VOLUNATARY/MANDATORY ROLLOUT OF CLOUD-BASED MFA, ALL USERS MUST REGISTER, EVEN IF YOU ARE USING THE MICROSOFT AUTHENTICATOR APP
To setup MFA on your device, please watch our video below or follow the written steps.
Once you have completed this setup, we recommend setting up MFA - Browser Extension in case you are unable to access your phone and need to choose a different verification option when prompted for MFA.
2. Select Work or school account
3. Sign-in with your WCUid username and password using @wcu.edu or @catamount.wcu.edu
4. Select Next
5. If you have not already, on your smartphone download the Microsoft Authenticator app from Google Play or Apple App Store. PLEASE NOTE: You must allow the app to access the phone's camera for this step to work. Once you have the app installed, select Next.
6. On your phone, choose to Add account and select Work or school account and then select Scan a QR code. PLEASE NOTE: You must allow the app to access the phone's camera for this step to work. Once you have done this, select Next.
7. Scan the QR code with your phone and then select Next.
8. You will receive a push notification on your phone. Select Accept.
9. Select Next.
10. Select an option to either Text or Call and then type in your phone number
11. If you are setup for text, enter the 6-digit code sent to your device and select Next. If you are setup for phone call, you will answer the call and follow the prompt.
12. Your SMS/Phone call will be verified. Select Next.
13. That’s it! Select Done.